Permanent makeup is considered a form of tattooing in Florida. To become a certified and licensed microblading artist in Florida, you need:
- To be over 18 years of age.
- To complete an approved Tattooing Educational Course.
- To complete bloodborne pathogens and communicable diseases exam.
- To obtain a tattoo artist license given by The Florida Department of Health. You can get the Application for Tattoo Artist License here.
- To work in a place that has a tattoo establishment license, or to obtain one yourself. It is issued by the Department of Health.
Note that these regulations are prone to changes. Please always contact your local or state Department of Health first.
For additional information, please contact The Florida Department of Health.